Dear New Mexicans,
Several Bills have been introduced to the NM Legislature that go against gun rights, even going so far as to ban any gun with a capacity of more than 9 rounds (which would mean that many handguns would be banned, and anyone in possession of these guns would be guilty of a felony).
Will you please give two minutes to urge your legislators to vote against the anti-gun bills that have been introduced into the legislature? Go here to easily take action:
Thus far, the following 5 anti-gun Bills have been introduced to the NM Legislature.
- HB9 – Making it a crime for the gun owner if a minor accesses a firearm and a felony for the gun owner if a minor harms someone with a gun
- HB50 – Making it a felony to possess a gun with a capacity of more than 9 rounds, which would mean many handguns would be illegal to possess (even for people who already own these guns); KOAT news story about the potential effects of this Bill is here: https://www.koat.com/article/new-mexico-bill-50-large-gun-mags-magazines/42468329
- HB72 – Making it a felony to possess a semi-automatic firearm converter
- HB100 – Requiring a 14-day waiting period for firearm sales
- HB101 – Making it a felony to possess a gun magazine with a capacity of more than ten rounds, classifying all semi-automatic guns as “assault weapons,” and making it a felony to possess any semi-automatic guns.
PLEASE EMAIL YOUR SENATOR AND REPRESENTATIVE
You can learn more and easily email your Senator and State Representative here:
Feel free to use the easy email text provided at the link, or you can customize the language however you see fit.
Your voice matters. Please send this on to like-minded people!