Members and Guests
- Read the letter sent to the school administration below asking why elementary schools are not getting School Resource Officers.
- If you disagree with their decision, pick the topic or question you want to challenge and engage your school board and LCPS https://conservativesinaction.org/local-elected-officials/. If you want a response, dont email more than 2 elected officials.
- Direct your questions to [email protected]. She is the LCPS Comms Director.
- Questions, let me know…….
——- Original Message ——-
On Wednesday, July 27th, 2022 at 20:26, cciawinusa <[email protected]> wrote:
Please provide answers to the questions I presented tonight.
- Why did LCPS state that elementary schools will not have Resource Officers (ROs) and not offer a mitigation safety alternative to ensure the safety of our kids regardless of the “trends” (look at most recent Uvalde Elementary), per your statement: The elementary schools not that they aren’t as important as middle and high school but we’ve seen a trend in the last few years that sometimes more often than not potential threats are happening at the secondary level,” said Las Cruces Public Schools Public Information Officer, Kelly Jameson.”
- Without ROs, it is an open invitation to anyone that has bad intentions. Who is supposed to protect the elementary kids and staff? Or is it worth the risk to put (33) LCPS elementaries/16,421 students https://www.lcps.net/page/district-overview in a potential deadly situation.
- Will educators have the option to be armed and trained and serve as “the security officer” ? And if not, why not?
- The article below states “cost is a factor”.So LCPS took a calculated risk, hoping no incidents occur at elementaries. I hope the risk is not realized.
- Per the article below, with the increase of $34 million, why were elementary schools not included in the ROs protection program ?
a. In regards to the general operating budget, the district is proposed a total budget of just over $600,000,000, an increase of $34 million of the current budget. https://kfoxtv.com/news/local/las-cruces-public-school-district-hosts-town-hall-for-fy-2022-2023-proposed-budget#:~:text=In%20regards%20to%20the%20general,are%20expected%20in%20Thursday’s%20meeting.
****PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE REMOVED FROM THE CCIA MAILING LIST. ****
Juan D Garcia